A Cry For Help

    At any given time and in any given room of my house you can almost always find several paint swatches on the wall. Often, visitors to my house notice the paint swatches and ask "Are you painting something?" To which Jared chuckles and I reply, "I'm thinking about it." Jared chuckles because I'm ALWAYS thinking about it. I can't help it. Paint is such a cheap way to change the entire look of a room and I'm constantly changing my mind. What doesn't help is the fact that I am attracted to many different decorating styles (as I am clothing styles) and I have yet to find a way to successfully combine them to create something that is my own. I do think an interior designer coupled with an unlimited budget could easily remedy this issue but I am currently without either so for now, I'm left to figure it out on my own. I seemed to have managed to focus my paint energy on my kitchen, which is why it currently looks like this:

    It has been red since we moved in four years ago, but after buying a 1/2 pint paint sample at Lowe's it's now part Avocado Green. Hmmm. Although it is growing on me, I'm not sure if I'm completely sold on the green. Once again, I think bright and bold would be fun but I also think something more light, airy and seaside cottage-esque would be nice. (Light blue maybe?) Help! What color should I paint my kitchen? Consider this: I have dark gray counter-tops, natural colored wood cabinets and a fair amount of natural light coming in. Also, the nearby walls are painted a khaki color. Here is a not-so-great picture of it in all it's red and green glory so you can get a better idea of what I've got going on in there. I am open to any and all suggestions!

    Source URL: http://science-logic.blogspot.com/2008/08/cry-for-help.html
    Visit Saosin Tattoo for daily updated images of art collection