New Years Resolutions Revisited

    The New Year is a time for renewal and resolutions. I am assuming most of you are like me when it comes to resolutions, you go pretty strong through January and then fizzle flat out in February. (Which I don't think is all bad. I mean, I just can't set high expectations for myself in February. Showering on a somewhat regular basis, resisting the urge to beat my head against a wall all day and eating several years worth of pumpkin crisp is pretty much all I can make time for. As you are all well aware, hating winter is a full time job around here. What I am trying to get at: I justify my resolution failure by counting February as a freebie month.) However, yesterday marked the first day of spring. Also a time of renewal and for me, a re-evaluation of the resolutions I set in January. So here goes:

    Resolution: Host a dinner/party once a month.
    Progress: January - no excuse, February- freebie, March- I'm counting Jared's birthday party and we had the missionaries over for the first time in over a year.
    Plan: I'm making a list of party ideas for the upcoming months.

    Resolution: Cook dinner at least 3 times per week.
    Progress: I haven't really been counting. I set the bar pretty low at 3 meals per week so I think I'm doing okay here. Some weeks are better than others and there is still A LOT of room for improvement.
    Plan: See if I can somehow trick Vanessa into cooking for my family in addition to her own. Okay for real, I need to hop on the meal planning train.

    Resolution: Exercise 4 times per week.
    Progress: January - going strong, February - freebie (and Mitch broke my favorite workout video), March - I'm doing better at making it to some classes at the YMCA and I have the replacement for my video on reserve at the library.
    Plan: Follow a specific work out schedule and continue to pray for more pleasant weather. (I do a fair amount of walking when the weather is favorable...)

    Resolution: Read one book per month.
    Progress: January - The Art of the Handwritten Note, February - freebie, March - Better get on this. I'm not a big reader. I need to read the owners manual for my camera (that I'm embarrassed to admit I've owned for almost a year now) so maybe I'll count that?
    Plan: Make a list of books to read. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Resolution: Floss everyday.
    Progress: January - great, February - freebie, March - not doing so hot.
    Plan: I don't know. Just start doing it I guess?

    Resolution: Play tennis.
    Progress: January/February/March: Freebies due to inclement weather.
    Plan: Sign up for a class this summer through the Dublin rec.

    So there you have it. What were some of your resolutions and how are you doing with them?Source URL: http://science-logic.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-years-resolutions-revisited.html
    Visit Saosin Tattoo for daily updated images of art collection