Black Flats

    As my 30th birthday approaches, I have come to the realization life is way too short to wear uncomfortable shoes. Especially flats. Really. I am still trying to figure out the mystery as to why most flats are extremely uncomfortable. Maybe I'm too finicky but the flats I've tried on are always WAY too wide and either too big (so my heel slips out when I walk) or too small (so my big toe is smooshed to the front.) Also, how hard is it to put a little cushion and some arch support in a shoe? With that said, I am in need of a new pair of basic black flats. I feel they are a chic alternative to tennis shoes for running errands and the like. Since I spent a lot of time searching, I figured I'd share a few comfy options I found on-line in case you are in the same predicament:1. Ruby&Bloom, found here.
    2. Cole Haan, found here.
    3. Puma, found here and here.
    4. Calvin Klein, found here.
    5. Born, found here.
    6. J.Crew, found here.

    Apparently a little comfort comes with a hefty price tag. Aside from a pair of Doc Martins I bought in high school, I don't think I've ever spent more than $50 for shoes. What are your thoughts? Do you think a comfortable shoe is worth the higher price tag? I'm curious to know your thoughts on the subject.Source URL: http://science-logic.blogspot.com/2010/08/black-flats.html
    Visit Saosin Tattoo for daily updated images of art collection