Look Who's Laughing Now


    I remember when Jared and I were young, naive parents shopping for diapers for the first time. I distinctly remember being in the diaper aisle at Target with Jared, happily purchasing the smallest newborn diapers for our precious little one. I also remember looking at all the other diapers and imagining our tiny baby boy growing into the size one, size two, size three and size four diapers. (Ahhh, happy sigh.) I also remember seeing the size five and size six diapers and saying out loud to Jared something like, "Ha! Who's child needs to wear a size FIVE or a size SIX diaper!? Why don't they just buy Depends! Surely our perfect little baby will be potty trained by that time!" Then we both threw our heads back in arrogant laughter and ignorantly toted our little package of newborn diapers out of the store. Now, two years wiser and more mature, I realize it's okay and completely normal for a toddler to wear a size five or six diaper. I also realize (much to my dismay) that it's okay to be 2 1/2 and not potty trained. Even though I understand all this, I just couldn't shake that first diaper buying experience from my memory and have been squeezing Mitch into a size four diaper for as long as I possibly could. That is, until this week. Now, let's just say Mitch is the one doing all the laughing and you guessed it...he's doing it in a size five diaper.Source URL: http://science-logic.blogspot.com/2008/05/look-who-laughing-now.html
    Visit Saosin Tattoo for daily updated images of art collection